Lakeview is located on Chicago’s North Side and is bordered by Lincoln Square, the Chicago River, Lincoln Park, and of course, Lake Michigan. A fairly large area, Lakeview encompasses several neighborhoods: Wrigleyville, Southport, Roscoe Village and North Center are all technically part of Lakeview.
One of Chicago’s most vibrant areas, the charming lakefront community has a current estimated population of more than 94,000 permanent residents.
Everything you could possibly need or want is right here – shops selling designer apparel, a nearly endless selection of bars, the best live music venues, a thriving arts and culture scene, and some of the best restaurants in Chicago.<
Lakeview also takes full advantage of its own slice of Lincoln Park – an expansive 1,200-acres perfect for all kinds of outdoor activities. There’s a golf course and driving range, a lakefront trail for jogging or biking, a boat harbor, tennis courts, and open space great for picnics or simply relaxing and taking in the views.
- Originally Lake View Township, the area was incorporated as its own city in 1887. Shortly after, in 1889, the area was annexed to Chicago.
- 19th century immigrant farmers from Germany, Sweden and Luxembourg settled in the Lakeview area and grew celery, which became Lakeview’s staple crop.
- Charlie Chaplin was once a resident of Lakeview. He lived in an apartment complex at 2800 N. Pine Grove while he was filming movies with Essanay Studios during the early 1900s
- The CTA brown and purple line both run through Lakeview, making Lakeview very accessible. If you need to drive to the other end of the city, Lake Shore Drive borders Lakeview to the east.
- Quick Facts content here
- Lake View High School
- Agassiz Elementary
- Blaine Elementary
- TBurley Elementary
- Greeley Elementary
- Hamilton Elementary
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Inter-American Elementary
- Jahn Elementary
- Nettelhorst Elementary
- Prescott Elementary
- Bell Elementary
Dining, Nightlife, and Shopping
Real Estate Options
Searching for a home in Lakeview? There’s a top-notch selection of well-built properties waiting for you. Whether you’re planning to raise a family, work in the area, or simply enjoy living close to all the attractions, you’re sure to find an ideal home that will meet all of your needs and preferences.
A wide range of properties are available in Lakeview. Buyers can choose from affordable 1 to 3-bedroom condos equipped with first-class amenities, lovely townhomes with tons of living space, and ultra-spacious single-family homes overflowing with luxurious features.
Most homes in Lakeview are beautifully appointed with landscaped lawns and yards, comfortable living rooms, spacious open floor plans, hardwood floors, gourmet kitchens with top-of-the-line appliances, expansive walk-out patios, and well-designed master suites with walk-in closets. Close proximity to schools makes Lakeview an ideal place to settle for families with children.